WHO WE ARE?
We are clinicians and researchers with backgrounds in medicine, psychology and science. Our mission is to provide the most up-to-date, science-based evaluation and treatment for each person who comes to us with a sleep problem. We treat each of our clients/patients individually and provide recommendations based on their respective needs. In our clinical work, we follow the most recent recommendations of the American Academy of Sleep Medicine.
We Are Unique
We are a multi-disciplinary team with experts in sleep medicine, behavioural sleep medicine and psychology working together to provide assessments and individually tailored treatment plans for each of our patients.
- Our clinicians are experts in their respective fields and are well known in Canada and internationally
- We are the only clinic in Canada (as far as we are aware) that conducts melatonin testing and evaluation, as part of our clinical service, to diagnose causes of abnormal sleep patterns
- We provide cognitive behavioural therapy and mindfulness-based treatments for insomnia, nightmares, difficulty in using sleep apnea treatment, narcolepsy, fatigue and other sleep issues. For people with sleep problems and mental health challenges, post-concussion symptoms or pain, we provide a combined treatment.
- We provide treatment of sleep disorders caused by shifted or irregular biological rhythms
- We have a unique therapy room where we offer bright-light therapy for clients who have depression, body clock problems, or fatigue related to cancer or chemotherapy
- We offer home sleep recording- a take-home device that records sleep thereby eliminating an overnight stay in a sleep lab
- We offer consultation and education programs for companies to help employees improve their sleep and reduce fatigue
- Adults who have sleep problems and/or feel tired and would like to receive a personal sleep evaluation and individualized treatment plan from clinicians who give the time, attention and respect that each person deserves.
- Adults who feel distressed, anxious, depressed, have had traumatic life events, or other mental health challenges and would like to work with a psychologist or psychiatrist who can help with emotional well-being and simultaneously improve sleep problems
- Teenagers and adults who sleep outside of usual sleep times (for example, they fall asleep and wake up very late or very early)
- Teenagers and adults who feel “jet-lagged” or excessively sleepy during the day
- Teenagers and adults who have had a concussion and have sleep problems or extreme fatigue
- Adults who have medical conditions – for example, cancer, chronic pain, or Parkinson’s disease – and have sleep problems or excessive tiredness
- Children (age 3 years and older) who have sleep difficulties or behavioural/developmental problems that may be related to a sleep issue
- Children with ADHD, Autism Spectrum Disorders, Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders or Prader-Willi syndrome